Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Pearl Harbor and USS Missouri and Waikiki

Today we got up at 3:30 am to catch the plane to Oahu to see Pearl Harbor. We got home around 8:00 pm...it was a long day but we really enjoyed it.

Pearl Harbor is a moving memorial to the soldiers who were killed on December 7, 1941. I would recommend getting the audio tour of this....there's a lot of history that I didn't know (surprise surprise) about this attack. After Pearl Harbor we went out to the USS Missouri where the truce ending WW II was signed.

The bus tour ended with some sight seeing through Honolulu and Waikiki Beach. Next time we come I think I would like to spend about three days in Waikiki. It's much more commercial than Maui but it has a really nice beach...it's more like Chicago if Chicago had an ocean. I would also like to see the other islands. Island hopping is fun.

No comments: